TO BUY SALWAR KAMEEZ GO TO CATEGORY MENU
Salwar kameez dates back to the 12th century since of Islamic or the Iranian era which was then follwed by the Moghul empire in the region called now as
During those days it was men and women both used to wear salwar kameez as part of the traditional dress but over the years Salwar Kameez has found its popularity in
Salwar kameez is also known as salwar qameez and has evolved itself over the centuries in amix of Indian oand western wear.
Salwar Kameez is popular as its comfortable to wear in day to day casual wear and also in wedding, functions and ceremonies. Salwar Kameez is made in various fabrics like georgette salwar kameez, chiffon salwar kameez, net salwar kameez, satin salwar kameez, cotton salwar kameez, silk salwar kameez and various other fabrics including the latest trend of fusion fabrics which is mix of the above and synthetic fabric.
The Salwar Kameez has transfomed itself over many years into various style, designs and cuts so even the name has seen lot of variation over he decades. While the Salwar Kameez originated during the Moghul Empire when Urdu was the common and the spoken language of the era. But over the years Hindi as Urdu became less common and Hindi launguage became the common language of the present era salwar kameez original name came.
Although In Pakistan where Urdu is still commonly used its still known as salwar qameez or shalwar but in
The salwar kameez can be further categorized into
2. Churidar Salwar Kameez - Churidar Salwar Kameez is known for its sleak looks. Churidar Salwar Kameez is preferred by lot of females as it looks elegant and gives shape to the body. This salwar kameez has body hugging salwar which is tightly gripped to the body like a stocking its comfortable to wear and is and is very narrow around the ankle area.
3. Cotton Salwar Kameez - The cotton salwar kameez comes comes in various fabrics like South cotton, blend of cotton and silk and pure cotton.. Due to high production of cotton which is comfortable fabric in the indian and pakistani region due to its wearibility in summers.
4. Designer Salwar Kameez - A designer Salwar kameez is made by a fashion designer and normally has lot of hand embroidery work which is done in pearls, stones, beads and sequins. Although every designer has its own approach while designing a salwar kameez the basics still remains the same. The designer is known to give various cuts and styles around the neck, sleeves, kameez and churidar of a salwar kameez which can change the complete look of the salwar kameez.
5. Printed Salwar Kameez - These are called Printed salwar kameez as they are machine or digitally printed on all kinds of fabric like georgette, crepe, cotton, chiffon and other materials. The Printed Salwar Kameez has a very wide range of designs from flowers to polka dota to abstract to other prints. The latest in fashion are the digital prints on the printed salwar kameez which include variety of colors.
6. Punjabi Salwar Kameez - Punjabi salwar kameez, the name comes from Punjab an Indian state in the north western region of
7. Silk Salwar Kameez - The Silk Salwar Kameez is never out of fashion as its the fabric for special occasion like wedding, ceremonies, party or even get to gathers. The silk salwar kameez gives a very rich look to the dress due to its shine. The silk used in salwar kameez has started coming in various combinations besides pure silk like Chiffon silk, pure silk, satin silk, paper silk, crepe silk and tussar silk.
8. Wedding Salwar Kameez - Wedding Salwar Kameez are heavy salwar kameez which means they have lot of hand embroidery all over salwar kameez including the kameez, salwar and the sleeves. The work is mainly of beads, sequin and stones. The work is similar to jaal work or is completely filled up. One wedding salwar kameez takes an hand embroidery person many days to make as the work is so detailed and intrinsic. The wedding salwar kameez gets the name not only due to the hand work invloved in it but since due to its heavy work it can be worn in wedding and other functions.
9. Bridal Salwar Kameez – The bridal salwar kameez is worn by a bride on her weeding day or prior to the wedding day on a ceremony. This salwar kameez is normally in pink or red color due to the auspicious occasion. The salwar kameez is heavily done up with hand embroidered work in stones and other material.